The International Ballistics Society is pleased to announce a call for nominations to the Student Grants Program.
This program provides conference registration and travel support to selected students for attendance at the 28th International Symposium on Ballistics, to be held in Atlanta USA during September 2014. See the link on the left of this page: http://www.ballistics.org/28th_isb.php
ELIGIBILITY: Students enrolled in an academic institution at the time of the conference and interested in ballistic impact phenomena are eligible for nomination to the Student Grants Program. This program is aimed at graduate students or undergraduate students. Students who have reached the Ph.D. level prior to the Student Grants Program due date (March 31, 2014) are not eligible.
AWARD PACKAGE: The grant consists of funding ($1000 plus free registration fee) to ONE (1) student from each of the technical areas of the symposium: Internal Ballistics; Launch Dynamics; Flight Dynamics; Explosion Mechanics; Terminal Ballistics and Impact Physics and Vulnerability. This makes a maximum of six (6) awards.
HOW TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS: The nomination must be submitted by the student's academic advisor, on the letterhead of the academic institution. The nomination is limited to a maximum of two pages, and must include the following items:
An application letter (two pages max) including:
- Names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of both the student and the advisor
- A brief overview of the student's academic background and record
- A discussion of why the symposium would be helpful to the student
- The title of the conference paper, authors and abstract
- The paper to be submitted to the conference in the approved format for the conference, as described on the conference website
Applicants should also note:
- The student is expected to be the first author of the paper
- The student is expected to present the paper at the conference
Send the paper via the conference submission procedure and the application letter (by postal mail or email)
Dr. Francisco Gálvez
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Departamento de Ciencia de Materiales
28040 Madrid, Spain
Deadline for Nominations: Nomination letters must be received no later than March 31, 2014. Student Grant Awards selection will be based on a review of the Paper manuscript and the covering letter by the ISB Student Committee. Questions on the program may be directed to the committee chair, Francisco Gálvez.